Tuesday 26 April 2011

5 Reasons Why I Reverted From Catholicism


Assalamu Alaykum.

I want to start off by saying this post is not meant to be an insult towards Catholicism, or Christianity in general. This post represents my views on Catholicism and why I reverted to Islam.



  1. The Triad - WHAT THE HECK?! I just don't get it. The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. I can't comprehend a God having three forms. People say it's just like water being able to form ice, water, and gas. No, because I'm pretty sure if you burnt Jesus, he doesn't turn into The Holy Spirit (or The Father). Call me ignorant, but this doctrine just confuses me. What's more, who do we pray to? The Father? The Son? The Holy Spirit?
  2. One God: Allah - Ashhadu Alla Ilaha Illa Allah says it all. Why have three forms of God? God is God. How can you become the ruler of a nation, if you somehow recreate yourself, step down, become one of your servants, die, and then proclaim yourself God? Islam's one God: Allah is the main reason why I reverted to Islam.
  3. God Punishes Us - Some Catholics, including my relatives, believe that God punishes during our lifetime. Why? Sending people earthquakes, violence, volcanoes, etc. is not going to help us learn from our mistakes, anyway there's an eternity of hell afterwards for those who deserve to be punished.
  4. The Bible - The Bible, though it is "inspired" or "revealed" to us by God/Allah, the Nazarenes, who were the early Christians, changed and wrote their own parts to it, unlike The Holy Qur'an which is unchanging, and hasn't changed since Allah (swt) revealed it to The Holy Prophet (pbuh).
  5. The Holy Qur'an - Such an amazing book. I love that The Holy Qur'an is less likely (than The Bible) to be misinterpreted. Many Christians think that The Bible should be taken allegorically. I think a holy scripture such as The Qur'an should not be taken allegorically, and that's what it should be like. Otherwise, people can twist the sayings of our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment