Tuesday 26 April 2011

The Muslimah Soapbox: Let the Tests Begin...

Assalamu Alaykum.

I want to share this blog to you, written by an American Muslimah who discusses controversial topics in order to educate infidels non-Muslims. Enough of the jokes! This is proper serious: The Muslimah Soapbox: Let the Tests Begin...

In this blog post, she talks about the tests that new Muslims and Muslims alike have to confront and attempt to pass. I say "attempt" because these tests are tests of faith. I take here a section of what she wrote:
"Allah SWT will test His followers in so many different ways. At times, it may feel so overwhelming and difficult but remember who was tested the hardest of all: His prophets. Whenever I think that my tests are difficult, I remember the stories of Issa AS, or Musa AS, or Muhammad SAWS. Put yourself in their shoes!"
This is so true. These tests, for me, have come in many manifestations. This may sound funny, but I really, really miss BACON. If you've never tried it, you just won't know how actually DELICIOUS it is (to me, anyway). I know it is haraam. But my mouth still waters at the sight of it. Once, I was tempted to buy a bacon sandwich at school. Ridiculous as it sounds, but I thought I actually heard my stomach WHIMPER for BACON.

Another time was when my Dad asked me to try some wine that he had recently bought from Tesco during Tesco's Wine Festival. My Dad is an Islamophobic atheist and so I could not tell him why I refused his offer. Needless to say, I made up some excuse about studying on a clear head, when really, I meant "worshipping on a clear head." That incident was obviously followed by an Astaghfirullah.

Profane language is rife among teenagers my age, and having lived with such Godless atheistic people, I cannot help but slip out some words occasionally too often. Astaghfirullah usually ensues, and it hurts me that sometimes I cannot control what I say, especially after stubbing my toe (which is also a common occurrence). Insha'Allah I will be able to control what I say.

But as with all our adversities, our reward will come in time.

I leave you with this:
"When Allah subjects you to adversity, He is opening your eyes to reality. Allah is allowing you to change you bad habits, to appreciate life, to give you the opportunity to repent for past sins, and correct your future actions, to raise your status in the hereafter, and Allah is showing you his love and power. By testing you, Allah is purifying your heart."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing my blog and insha'Allah your bacon cravings will decrease as God makes you stronger :). Will always keep you in my dua's insha'Allah.

    salaam alaikum

    ReplyDelete