Tuesday 26 April 2011

The Two Wolves



















Assalamu Alaykum.

I want to share this story that I read a couple of weeks ago:

The Two Wolves

A grandfather was teaching his grandchildren about life.

He said to them, “A fight is going on inside all of us - it is a terrible fight between two wolves.

"One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, hatefulness, and lies.

"The other stands for joy, peace, love, hope, humbleness, kindness, friendship, generosity, faith, and truth.”

The children thought about it for a minute. Then one child asked his grandfather,

“Which wolf will win?”

The man replied, “The one you feed.”

I think about this story a lot, especially when I think about my actions. Its meaning shouts out to me every time I metaphorically feed the wolf that represents evil.

We all have our struggles. Our souls are hungry, and we must feed it the right nourishment. I like to nourish mine with a great helping from The Holy Qur'an, a pouring of prayer and a splash of smiles.

What do you feed your inner wolves?

No comments:

Post a Comment