Tuesday 26 April 2011

Alhamdulillah!

Assalamu Alaykum.

Recently, I received a text from a Muslim friend. I thought I'd share it with you:

Reflections

Sometimes, Allah breaks our spirit to save our soul.
  • He breaks our heart to make us whole.
  • He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
  • He sends us failure so we can be humble.
  • He sends us illness so we can take better care of
  • He takes something away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.
Trust Allah, love Allah, Allah is the greatest.

Subhan'Allah! This text makes me smile so much! I take a lot of meaning from this, and I'm sure you will too.

Before reverting, I was involved in a relationship that ended on the worst possible terms. I felt broken, and emotions were cluttering my head, but looking back, I realised that if the emotions had not flowed from my tears, and if my "spirit," as it were, had not been broken, then I would be so detached from the world, and emotionally impassive.

The emotional pain I felt after the break up made me into such a stronger person. I have learnt a lot and I have become more determined and resolute in ambitions, as opposed to drifting along, not knowing what to do.

Physical pain, too, features in my interpretation of this poem. When I first started playing guitar, my fretting fingers would be in constant pain, but I was steadfast. The calluses that have built up over months and months of playing not only has made sure that I no longer feel pain when I play guitar, but I can now also hold hot cups without feeling much pain. Masha'Allah!

Failure in one of my exams has definitely put me back on humble ground, and I am glad that Allah has sent me failure; I would have grown proud and not only lost friends, but lost my relationship with Allah (swt).

Illness - been there, done that. I've had heart disease, tuberculosis, sinusitis, etc. Allah, if I don't know how to take care of myself by now, keep them coming. Notice the sarcasm there... I wonder if being funny or sarcastic in a funny way towards Allah is haraam. I mean, I'm sure He knows what I mean. ;) But that's besides the point.

Allahu Akbar! :)

2 comments:

  1. salamunalaikum brother Nasir-al-din.(Helper of Islam)

    Mashallah! what a great name yours is. May I know who kept it for you?

    Im really really glad to know that you embraced the only True way of life to live- Islam.

    You being so young ( just 15) discovered what scientist's, professors, and others highly educated who are in their 50's and 60's couldn't discover yet.

    Truly, Allah guided you because u want to be guided and you were searching for the guidance sincerely.

    I ask Allah to keep you safe, to make you steadfast and make you the source of guidance for your family members and friends.

    Shukran for dropping by at my blog.I read few of ur posts and liked them. Plz keep sharing with us.And if u need any kind of help, plz let me know.

    With love,hug and dua's
    Hamid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazaak'Allah for the comment. You are a true inspiration. I decided on my name with the help TheSisterWhoSmiles. May Allah swt continue to bless you and hope to see more blogposts soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete